1Password.com Error Showing Attachments on Web "This item has an unsupported field"

I just noticed that Attachments don't show up on 1Password.com. Instead they show up as "unsupported fields."

I'd share a screenshot but they are blocked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wavesound,

Thanks for taking the time to share this. The behavior you're seeing is intended as 1Password.com does not currently support file attachments, only the 1Password apps and extension allow you to view this information.

Our development team has expressed interest in adding this functionality to the web interface, though I don't have any release timeline or news to share beyond that. If you're finding yourself needing to download this information in your browser, making use of the 1Password extension can help.

• christiaanb
    christiaanb
    Community Member

@ag_max but 1Password.com does support file attachments as long as you upload as a Document rather than attaching them to, say, a Secure Note, right? At least that's what I'm seeing

• Hi @christiaanb

You are correct. I've just double checked and am seeing the same behavior on my end. If you make a Document and attach a file, it shows up correctly. If it's a file attachment on on another type of item it still needs to be viewed through one of the 1Password apps or browser extension.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

I’ve just come across this. The web app definitely needs some love.

• Thanks for sharing your input, @chris55. I've updated our internal issue so we can keep tracking interest.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

@ag_max thank you.

I also mean as a whole. I know this is vague, but lots of the menus are very unintuitive. I had to go to support articles to find how to add a guest the other day, as one example. I’m glad I don’t have to rely on the web app.

It needs an update, a stroke of the 1Password 8 brush would be great.

• @chris55,

It needs an update, a stroke of the 1Password 8 brush would be great.

Absolutely. The newer 1Password 8 apps (Mac, Windows, Linux) have a very similar, consistent, and modernized user interface. I know that many people (myself included) would like to see some similar improvements in the 1Password.com web interface as well. Hopefully that becomes a reality in the future.

• nlobomural
    nlobomural
    Community Member

Being the case of Document type already implement this functionality in the website
    Would it be somehow simple to just extend it to the remaining types to avoid the unsupported limitation?
    I was caught by this case, which looks really weird and figure out after some searches with the unsupported message, most of the time I use the website but this time the type was not Document

Thanks in advance

• @nlobomural

I'm sorry that 1Password.com's current lack of support for attachments caused confusion. Our developers are still working on this and I've passed along your suggestion to them. I've also added you to the tracking item for the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• NickClarke
    NickClarke
    Community Member

As a new 1password user I am generally impressed with it, but it is very confusing for users to have long term feature disparity like this. I get that you may upgrade one version before another but it would be nice to see them converge over time.

• @NickClarke

This is something we're actively working on. Our development team are aiming to bring the functionality available in the 1Password apps and on 1Password.com up to the same level. Much of the work being done on that right now is behind the scenes, so you won't see anything visible just yet, but it is very much on our to-do list. :)

• NickClarke
    NickClarke
    Community Member

Thank you that is good to know. Do you have a very tough timescale for that work to be released?

• @NickClarke

It's a lot of work to do in order to bring 1Password.com functionality to the apps, and app-like functionality to the web, and I wouldn't expect that it'll just be one big release which does this. I'd expect there to be a gradual merging of functionality as we introduce things individually. As both the apps and the web version update, you'll see bits of each start appearing in the other as time goes on.

You used the word "converge" and I think that's very appropriate. It won't be a night-and-day change.

• NickClarke
    NickClarke
    Community Member

Understood. I work in tech myself.

Even so, for the biggest projects we have ever taken on there is still a timescale. Is that work prioritised and resourced or merely aspirational?

• Hi @NickClarke, I don't have any timelines I'm able to share at this time, but the request is on our radar. Thanks.

• CommunityMember1
    CommunityMember1
    Community Member

Any updated timeline? This feature is in LastPass, from which I have excitedly migrated to 1password only to discover this essential feature is regrettably missing.

• @CommunityMember1

Sorry, I do not have any updates available.

• jblangston
    jblangston
    Community Member

My company just switched from LastPass to 1password as well and this is a problem for us too. We need to share attachments with the team and we will surely hear grumbling when we tell them they have to install the desktop client or CLI to access them. I have used 1password as my personal password manager since 2015 and I love it, but this is certainly an annoying limitation that I hope you fix soon.

• Hi @jblangston,

The team is still wanting to implement the ability to view file attachments on 1Password.com, but I don't have any timeline to share when that might happen.

This discussion has been closed.