Ability to rearrange fields in secure notes removed?

Options
marksn
marksn
Community Member

Apologies if this has already been asked, but am I correct in thinking that the ability to rearrange fields in secure notes has been removed in recent versions? I can no longer find the buttons that allowed this in previous versions.

If this is the case, are there any plans to reintroduce this feature? I have unfortunately organised quite a lot of information in secure notes that needs fairly frequent rearranging, and I don't want to have to delete and recreate fields every time if possible.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @marksn, thank you for this question. 👋 I'm happy to offer a quick recap!

The ability to re-order fields was originally not included in 1Password 8, as part of a general effort to make the new app as streamlined as possible - we were going for a "less-is-more" approach. However, whatever the virtues of that design philosophy generally, it also became clear from community response here in the forums that this feature actually has substantial value for folks who use 1Password (as you've described here). So we realized that it should be re-introduced.

Currently, a team has been assigned to build this feature, and they're currently working on bringing this to completion. I don't have a specific timeline to offer at the moment (and we almost always announce features upon release, rather than before) but I do want you to know that we recognize the importance of this and are making it a priority.

I hope this is helpful - if you have urgent re-organizational needs, it's always an option to switch back to 1Password 7 temporarily, but we are intent on helping you meet this need in 1Password 8, too, and it's getting closer to completion all the time. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-372

This discussion has been closed.