1password does not open

ristp
ristp
Community Member

Everytime I launch 1password, and I entered my master password nothing happens. After a few seconds, a window appears (see image).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Fedora Linux 36

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022

Hi @ristp, I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue. We'll be happy to help you fix it!

In order to do so, we'll need more information about the problem, which is best handled over email. Here's how you can get this information to us:

1. First, draft a brief email to us at support+linux@1Password.com. This will ensure your message gets sent to our Linux team.
    2. As part of your email, include your forum username, a link to this discussion, and some logs from your 1Password app.

And here's how to get those logs!

How to Send Us Logs from 1Password for Linux

1. Open your terminal.
    2. Type cd ~/.config/1Password; ls into your terminal and hit Enter. You should now be in 1Password's config directory.
    3. Enter zip -r 1Passwordlogs.zip logs; ls. This creates a zip file of your logs.
    4. Then, enter mv 1Passwordlogs.zip ~/Desktop. This moves the zip file to your desktop.

Once it's there, attach that zip file to your email. 👍 When we receive it, we'll go through the data and let you know what we find!

Thank you, and I look forward to helping you get 1Password fully up and running.

ref: EVP-82256-896

• ristp
    ristp
    Community Member

Thanks @PeterG_1P for your useful response. I'll get in touch with the team soon.

• Thank you as well, @ristp. We're here for you!

• ristp
    ristp
    Community Member

The issue has been fixed, thanks to the help of @Dayton_ag. The fix was to simply change the language to English in the settings window.

• Thank you for the follow-up here, @ristp. I'll look forward to reviewing that ticket and learning more about this. We appreciate you making the solution public for the community!

This discussion has been closed.