Why is autofill using previous password for website?

MollyKate
MollyKate
Community Member

All of a sudden when I log into my bank, autofill started using my previous password. It was changed a month ago and has been working correctly with the new password until today. I logged into 1PW to check the pw stored there and it is the current one, but it's not the one it uses when autofilling. How can I fix this? I've tried everything. This is on my iPad which is using IOS 15.5 and my 1PW version is 7.9.6.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:autofill using wrong password on ipad

Comments

• Hello @MollyKate! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that Password AutoFill is filling an older password. If you can confirm that you see the correct password when you check the Login item in the main 1Password app on your iPhone then I suggest refreshing Password AutoFill so that it grabs updated data from 1Password. Follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your iOS device.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Password AutoFill.
    4. You'll see a "AutoFill Passwords Updating" banner at the top of the screen. Wait until it disappears and then close 1Password.
    5. Open Settings on your iOS device.
    6. Tap on Passwords.
    7. Tap on AutoFill Passwords.
    8. Disable 1Password.
    9. Re-enable 1Password.
    10. Make sure that any other password manager listed (such as Keychain) is disabled on this screen.

Then try to use AutoFill to login to the website again. Let me know how it goes. 😊

• MollyKate
    MollyKate
    Community Member

I think I figured out the issue. I was using the bank’s app on my iPad but the bank’s URL on my phone. When I changed the password on my phone, it didn’t update the iPad. I removed the bank’s app & replaced it with the URL on my IPad & it worked.

I saved these steps, though, in case this happens again in the future.

Thank you so much!

• I'm glad to hear you were able to sort it out @MollyKate! On behalf of Dave you're very welcome. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.