To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need more detailed information on various upgrade options

Charles218
Charles218
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

Hello,

I am a long time user of 1P, and have been using Version 6 for many years, I now want to upgrade to version 8. We are using Catalina with Chrome and Big Sur with Vivaldi. It appears that I am required to get a membership, is that correct? I've not been able to find any information about exactly what a membership is. I am trying to get better information on the various options, what I see on the website tends to be very general in nature.

It looks like I can get a single license as opposed to the family license, my original purchase was a family license purchased in July 2011. My wife and I share the same vault, each of us with a Macbook and an iPhone. Please let me know if the single license is the correct one to get, allowing two people to share one vault. We are both retired and finding the most economical plan is what we are looking for.

One final question -
I looked at the upgrade page, that is where confusion came into the picture. It is talking about "if you have a 1Password membership", "standalone vaults", upgrading from version 6 and needing to first go to version 7 before going to version 8. Is there a step by step tutorial that I can follow? I just don't want to get stuck somewhere between version 6 and 8, and find that I've lost access to our passwords.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Charles Larkins

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @cahrles218

Memberships is the way forward with 1Password 8. So you are on the right path.

About 1Password membership We have various flavors available. Individual, Family, and Business. With a membership, we take care of tasks such as syncing, so you don't have to worry about that. Backups are included and things like ✈️ Travel Mode, Psst! Securely share 1Password items with anyone along with many other things.

You can indeed share an individual plan if you don't mind sharing everything as in all data. There would be no private data vault in such a situation. It sounds as if you might be using this type of set-up now. So there may not be a change for you.

I would recommend talking to one of my colleagues who can walk you through all the steps in a one-on-one conversation. Please send a copy of your existing license details to support+tradein@1password.com and they can guide you. You may have the potential for a discount, having used 1Password previously, which is why you should include your previous license details.

We'll help you as much as you need along the way. We look forward to hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.