1Pass8 - How to edit auto-fill data?

Options
yardarm_playpen
yardarm_playpen
Community Member

Previously with 1Password 7 it was possible to manually edit the auto-fill data associated with a login. This made it possible, for example, to correct the situation where an unconventional login requires more than just a username and password in order to sign in. 1Password does a great job of scraping data, but it doesn't always get it sorted out where the data should go when I trigger auto-fill.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS

Comments

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member
    Options

is this forum even active?

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member
    Options

I've found that I'm able to view the autofil data on 1password for the web, but I'm unable to modify it.

• Hey @yardarm_playpen:

Generally speaking we don't recommend editing the auto-saved web details. With that said though, you can enable viewing and editing them by changing the following option: Preferences > Advanced > Show auto-saved web details.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Thanks for the response. I see that option in preferences, but I don't see it taking any change. I'm on:

1Password for Mac 8.8.0

80800126, on BETA channel

Edit:

I think I see some change, but it's not everywhere.

I can see "Web Form Details" on a saved login on the website as I mentioned before. On a separate saved login, I can see both "Saved on <website.com>" and "Web Form Details".

The Advanced option you mentioned toggles the "Saved on <website.com>" but nothing shows the "Web Form Details" view of the saved login.

I realize this is an advanced feature, but I've also been using it as needed for a long time.

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P any thoughts?

• Hey @yardarm_playpen:

Thanks for following up. The auto-saved web details in 1Password 8 excludes the HTML input types checkbox and radio, any fields of all input types that were blank, and then additionally excludes the fields that were saved as the username and password in the main item details. Is the field that you're looking for saved as either the username or password or a field that was blank when you saved your Login item? Let me know!

Jack

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Thats interesting, but no, my field is a text field. It's an account id.

• Hi @yardarm_playpen:

Thanks for following up. In that case, if you manually enter the account ID into the field, then choose Save in 1Password to update your existing Login entry does that work for you? Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.