Password update syncing

Options
nostink
nostink
Community Member

I am the primary on the account. I have just noticed that when I updated one of my passwords and added a note, it did not update on the shared vault. The shared vault remains unchanged.

Am I missing something?

1Password Version: 7.9.830
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @nostink:

To confirm, did you update the item in the Shared vault, or your Private vault? For example, if you have a Facebook Login item in both your Private vault, and the shared vault, they're completely independent. Editing the one in your Private vault won't affect the Shared vault and vice versa. Items that you'd like to share with your family are best stored in either the Default shared vault, or a new vault created for the specific family member(s) you'd like to share with. Create and share vaults

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response!

I updated the password in my Private vault, I did not update in the Shared vault because I thought it automatically updated.

I am a bit confused. I have a Family account. A year or so ago, I set up what I thought was a Vault that my husband would be able to access so that we had shared password information but; at the same time he would be able to enter his own password information that would not be shared with me. Whenever I created password information that I want him to have access to, I always copied it to the Vault that is listed as Shared.

Looking at my account information and checking his Vault information it says Vaults (0) This person does not have access to any vaults.

It shows him as a Family Member that can access their own Private and any other Vaults shared with them.

How do I correct this so that I can accomplish him having access to shared password info AND also maintain his private information?

• @nostink

Please email us and we'll help get this sorted. We may need to go into private details that we can't access here. Thanks for your understanding.

support+forum@1password.com

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thank you, I will do that. What email address should I send to? Please disregard, I figured out the email address, thank you.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.