1Password 7.9.5 says it is up to date

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

Hi - I am running on a 2015 iMac with macOS 12.4.
1Password 7 version is:
Version 7.9.5 (70905003)
1Password Store

I have a subscription account.
When I do a Check for Updates, the response I get is that I am running the latest version, which is patently not true.
How do I update ti 1Password 8?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing. What I noticed is the app store version is still version 7.9.5. So the app is at version 8 but only if you download it outside the app store. I'm not sure why this is.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

1P8 is a completely new app - it doesn't update from 1P7
    You need to download it and install it from the website.

• Hi @kurtd / @BikerBob38:

As @statto1927 mentioned (thanks for the assist! 😎) 1Password 8 for Mac is a separate download, and 1Password 7 for Mac won't automatically update to 1Password 8. You can download 1Password 8 for Mac from our downloads page here: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

I beg your problem for not thanking you all for your responses earlier. My bad.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

I went through hell when I upgraded from a License account to a subscription account and it took me hours of work to get my 1Password entries back in order after doing so
    Before I download and update to 1Password 8 on my iMac, is there some way to archive my present 1Password database and then roll back to version 7 should I run into the same problem a second time?

• _B_
    _B_
    Community Member
    Options

This is confusing. I hope in the future old dot-oh releases notify you to upgrade to the latest. I can appreciate indicating that 7.9.5 is the latest v7 release, sure, as people may not want to switch to 8 for some reason. But there should be a notice informing users that 8 exists. I hope that's the case for 9, 10, etc.

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

@BikerBob38

Are you able to see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)? If you do and you don't see an older standalone vault named "Primary" in 1Password 7 on your Mac then the installer will take care of everything for you.

If you're already using a subscription and you see all of your items on 1Password.com then your data is already backed up to your online 1Password account in case something goes wrong on your Mac.

B:

I'm sorry that the lack of an update notification was confusing, we've announced 1Password 8 through the tech media, social media, on our blog, and on our community forum. We have millions of users and we wanted to make sure that that our support team would be able to help anyone having issues so we're performing a staged rollout of 1Password 8. We're working on how to best notify existing customers of the update. 🙂

-Dave

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Dave - just headed out the door when I saw your post. I'll look at it more carefully when I get home and get back to you. Meantime, many thanks for that fulsome reply.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

OK. Let's take these one at a time.

First anomaly: when I click on the link you gave me, Dave, the first thing I see that seems a possible red flag is that under Identity, of which I have 15, every single Identity - save -has, in red type, this: This item has an unsupported field.
    Is this a problem?

• Hi @BikerBob38:

1Password.com doesn't have support for viewing attachments to items just yet. It sounds like you've added attachments to your Identity items, in which case you can view them in the 1Password app on your Mac.

Jack

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Got it; thanks Jack

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Just fyi Jack, I now have 1Password v 8.7.3 on my 2015 iMac, FusionHD, macOS 12.4 and everything is A-OK . I have to continue running v 7 on my MacBook Pro: (Retina, Mid 2012), 15”, macOS 10.15.7, because it is not capable of running Monterey.
    How do I get 1Password 8 on my iPhone and iPad, svp?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BikerBob38

I'm happy to hear that you were able to install 1Password 8 on your iMac. 1Password 8 requires macOS Catalina 10.15 or later so it sounds like you should be able to install it on your Macbook Pro as well.

How do I get 1Password 8 on my iPhone and iPad, svp?

We don't yet have a release date for when the finished and final version of 1Password 8 for the iPhone and iPad will be released but we're making it a priority (at the moment the iOS app is in early access beta testing). In the meantime, you can continue to use 1Password 7 on your iPhone/iPad while using 1Password 8 on your Mac, you won't run into any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 😊

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Yep! And thank you Dave. Will install it on the MB Pro running Catalina.

Many thanks for the feedack.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BikerBob38

Let us know if you run into any trouble when installing 1Password 8 on your Macbook Pro and we'll be happy to help further. 😊

This discussion has been closed.