Alternative username formats for a credential based on URL?

Options

I have a number of corporate applications which are authenticated using the same Active Directory backend source. Many of them have different username formats, but all map to the same AD credential for authentication. This means the passwords will be the same, but depending upon the application, the usernames could be something like:

firstname.lastname@work.com
firstname.lastname
firstnamel
WORK\firstname.lastname

while the password will be the same, because they all refer to the same set of AD credentials, but map them differently depending on the application.

Is there any way I can configure a single credential in 1Password that will automatically select the correct username format based on the URL?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.5 (70905002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @stephenmckay,

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community - this a great question.

Currently, while a Login item can have multiple "website" fields, it's not possible to include alternative "username" fields. For your situation, the best route is to maintain a separate Login item for each unique username for these applications. In the new 1Password 8 apps, you can choose to ignore the "Reused Password" warning in Watchtower to prevent it from appearing whenever viewing your items, as you don't have a choice when it comes which usernames these corporate applications accept.

I have seen similar requests for what you're asking, so I'll go ahead and pass that on to our development team for consideration. I hope this is something we'll be able to address in the future.

ref: IDEA-I-412

This discussion has been closed.