Securely Store and Delete Documents

Options
klhsa9acsb
klhsa9acsb
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

In 1Password, you are able to store documents (ex. scans of Passport, Driver's License etc). When you click "Download" on a document stored in 1Password in Windows, its simply downloads the file into your default downloads folder. Shouldn't 1Password be downloading these sensitive files into some temporary location and then clearing them once 1Password is locked?

My use case is sometimes I'll need to check something on a sensitive document and the only way to view the sensitive document is downloading it off of 1password. After viewing the file, I now have to manually delete the file in order to ensure the sensitive contents isn't lying around on the computer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @klhsa9acsb, thanks for your feedback about storing documents in 1Password and your use case.

With the examples provided for viewing scanned documents, the ability to preview a document within the 1Password 8 app is not available at this time. The process you are currently using to download and then delete the document from the device is your best course of action.

We are tracking a feature request and looking for ways to implement a document preview within the 1Password 8 app. I've included your details for the product team's review. Have a great day!

ref: PSS-I-98

• klhsa9acsb
    klhsa9acsb
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a place to track feature requests so I can see progress or upvote features that are useful to me?

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @klhsa9acsb, feature requests are internal but we've gone ahead and added your vote for this specific request. If you have a specific feature request or come across something on our forums, just let us know and we'll be happy to file or add a vote on your behalf. Thanks!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.