1P8 signs me out of Teams account every couple weeks (Family account stays signed in)

Options
theboyk
theboyk
Community Member

Running the latest version of 1P8 on an M1 Pro. Every couple of weeks, I'm having my 1P Teams account "missing" from 1Password. It's just no longer listed under available accounts. I have to go through the whole process of adding the account back into 1Password. This only happens on my M1 Pro MacBook; on iOS, the account is still connected without issue.

I also have a Family accounts setup in 1Password; it doesn't have this issue and always remains connected/signed in. It's just the 1P Teams account that just goes missing?

Any suggestions on why this is constantly happening/anything I can do about it?

Thanks,
Kristin.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello @theboyk! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing one of your accounts disappear from the app. Are the two accounts using the same account password or a different account password?

With 1Password 8, you need to enter the account password for a specific account in order to unlock that account. If you enter the account password for your family account then only the family account will unlock and you won't see the team account listed in the menubar menu. If both the family account and the team account use the same account password then both accounts will unlock at the same time.

You can unlock the team account by clicking on the account selector in the sidebar, clicking on your team account, and then entering your account password:

Alternatively, you can use the same account password for both accounts to have them unlock at the same time: How to use multiple accounts

If I misunderstood the issue then please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

• theboyk
    theboyk
    Community Member
    Options

They both use their own unique login password, along with 2FA (YubiKey for primary, authenticator code as a backup option). It's not an issue with unlocking the accounts. The 1P Teams account literally disappears from 1P8 on the desktop. Like I manually chose to "sign out" (except I didn't) and it doesn't even show up in the Menubar > Accounts menu. I have to add the 1P Teams account back into 1P8 like it's the first time I've set it up (even though it's not the first time; been using it for years; only became an issue after moving to 1P8).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@theboyk

Thank you for the reply. Does the team account show up in the account selector in the sidebar (not the menubar) when this happens? Please try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8 for Mac.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password menubar icon and then click Lock.
    3. Enter the account password for your family account to unlock the app. (Don't use Touch ID or your Apple Watch to unlock the app.)
    4. Confirm that you don't see the team account.
    5. In the sidebar (not the menubar) click on the account selector.
    6. Click on the team account.
    7. Enter your account password for the team account.

I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• theboyk
    theboyk
    Community Member
    Options

I will test this next time it happens; that said, yesterday was about the 10th time it's happened since moving to 1P8, so I finally created this thread. In all the past times this happens, I don't recall seeing any reference to the Teams account anywhere in 1P (in mini, or the main app anywhere); but, I'll specifically look as per your steps above, the next time it happens and report back.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@theboyk

Let me know what you find the next time that the issue occurs and I'll be happy to help further. ๐Ÿ™‚

• zacharylang
    zacharylang
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm this is happening for me, too. Seems like very similar situation as to @theboyk . Family account and Teams account have different passwords; every few days (though now it just happened within 10 minutes of my computer going to sleep), the Teams account just disappears until I go back to enter the account password for the teams account.

This discussion has been closed.