Autofill with 1Password 8

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 8 (Early Access) Issues list..

Comments

• Dubsmachine
    Dubsmachine
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am running 1PW 8 on my Samsung S22 Ultra.

It seems that it does not work at all for app login.
    1PW8 does not show up in the the "accessibility" menu of apps to enable, 1PW 7 does show up there and works fine in apps so wondering if this is the issue

• Hello @Dubsmachine thanks for joining us on the community forum!

1Password 8 for Android uses Autofill only to fill your items, not the combination of Autofill and Accessibility that is in 1Password 7 for Android. We introduced Accessibility filling when Autofill was not available as broadly on devices. 1Password 8 for Android is supported on devices running Android 9 or higher which all support Autofill. The Autofill features available on these versions of Android are capable of delivering the same or better features than Accessibility-based filling with less impact on performance and battery life.

I'd like to ask you to confirm your Autofill settings:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 for Android.
    2. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    3. Confirm Autofill and Accessibility are off.
    4. Open and unlock 1Password 8 for Android.
    5. Tap the account icon > Settings > Autofill.
    6. Tap Autofill on.
    7. Select 1Password 8 as the Autofill service (the icon with safety tape).

When you open an app and tap a login field do you now see a prompt from 1Password 8? If not, let me know which apps are effected, I would be happy to test them myself. Thanks again!

• Dubsmachine
    Dubsmachine
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Hi,
    I didn't even have 1PW 7 installed initially, I installed it after finding the issue to test it.

So I now have 1PW 7 and 1PW8 installed but confirm that autofill is set to 8 and accessibility disabled.

I am having issues with Reddit, Tumblr, Waze, ebay kleinenzeigen (local German eBay classifieds), I can try more apps tomorrow.

The 1pw prompt does not appear with 1PW8 autofill alone.
    In the keyboard area I can see example Reddit login and open 1 pw shortcuts.
    If I click the Reddit or whatever account needed it will either fill user name or password, seems to vary by app but never both.

Reddit with 1PW8 just flashes when I press the login on keyboard area and fills nothing.

By playing around with 1PW 7 I can get that to work (autofill set to 1PW8 and accessibility on) but it seems to use 1pw7 as only thumb prompt and not face prompt and shows the old logo.

• Dubsmachine
    Dubsmachine
    Community Member

I also tried SwiftKey, gBoard and Samsung Keyboard in case of interference but makes no difference

• Hi @Dubsmachine, thanks for following up! If you've sent an email to our support team, lets continue the conversation there.

I tested the Reddit, Tumblr, Waze and Ebay apps with 1Password 8 Autofill. I did find some Autofill issues with Reddit, Tumblr and Waze. I've gone ahead and reported this to the team. With Ebay I could fill both fields by forcing Autofill (long press > Autofill or long press > ⋮ > Autofill) from the username field. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• denniscelen
    denniscelen
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Even in Google 1password8 does not autofill while 1password7 works like a charm....

• Hi @denniscelen, I'm sorry to hear you're running into the same issue! I just replied to you in another discussion so let's continue the conversation there: https://1password.community/discussion/133775/autofill-does-not-work-in-apps#latest

This discussion has been closed.