Strange behaviour of the app when using with Chrome + 1Password in iOS

chluk2425
chluk2425
Community Member
edited July 2022 in iOS

I am still using the trial version of 1Password but I believe this will not the reason I am getting this strange behaviour.

When I visit a site in Chrome in my iPhone, there's a user name and password field, then I click on the username field, the iOS keyboard pops up and a button "Passwords" will display above the keyboard. When I click on it, 1Password pops up and ask for my biometric authentication, then a list of available entries will display for me to select. I select one of them and 1Password fill everything for me, perfect.

Strange things happen when I click on the username field again, say, if I had choose the wrong account to login. If I click on the username field again, the iOS keyboard pops up and a button "Passwords" will display above the keyboard. However, when I click on it, 1Password will not pop up, instead, the iOS Password manager display. If I close Chrome, it still stay the same, only the iOS password manager comes up....

It took me a while to find a work around... I have to:
1. Close the Chrome tab
2. Close Chrome
3. Go to iOS Settings -> Passwords -> AutoFill Passwords -> Turn off AutoFill Passwords
4. Turn back on AutoFill Passwords and select 1Password under "Allow Filling From:"
5. Turn off iCloud Keychain

Then when my next visit webpage in Chrome, the 1Password app will pops up when I click on the "Password" button above the keyboard.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 15.5
Browser:_ iOS Chrome version: 103.0.5060.63

Comments

• Hello @chluk2425! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into an issue when using Password AutoFill to fill logins from 1Password into Chrome on your iPhone. Thank you for the detailed notes, I've tried to reproduce the issue on my iPhone but I'm not seeing the same behaviour. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Open https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
    3. Tap on the username field.
    4. Tap on the "Passwords" prompt above my keyboard.
    5. Select the appropriate login. Password AutoFill fills the login.
    6. Tap on the username field on the website again and then tap on the "Passwords" prompt above my keyboard.

I see Password AutoFill invoke 1Password as it on the first attempt and I don't see Keychain. So that I can better understand the issue can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you have both 1Password and Keychain enabled for Password AutoFill?
    2. Are you able to reproduce the issue on demand or is random?
    3. Does it occur on multiple websites or just one? Do you have an example of a website that I can test? (Don't post any usernames or passwords.)
    4. Can you reproduce the issue in Safari?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

I have a screen recording on this issue. I also tried using Safari, and don't have this issue.
    To answer your questions:
    1. No I don't, I have disabled it (untick keychain for Password AutoFill)
    2. On demand but sometime random... like 10 out of 1 time it behaves normally for period of time...
    3. I tried yours https://fill.dev/form/login-simple still the same
    4. Safari seems ok.

Where can i share you the video? I checked the video does not contain any personal information.

• @chluk2425

Please send that video to us using support+forum@1password.com while being sure to include your community name as well as a link to this topic.

Username: chluk2425
    Topic: https://1password.community/discussion/131308/strange-behaviour-of-the-app-when-using-with-chrome-1password-in-ios

• chluk2425
    chluk2425
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy
    I had just sent the video with the above information included in the email. Please check. Please note the video is around 8mb, see if your system will accept receiving it. Thanks

• @chluk2425

It's here. 😊 Someone will with you as soon as possible.

ref: LEW-77123-932

This discussion has been closed.