Windows Hello Enhancement Request - Automatically "Click OK to Continue" After Successful Face Scan

magicalcuban
magicalcuban
Community Member

I frequently use 1Password for everything on my laptop. The Windows Hello integration is wonderful if you're looking directly at the webcam while using the laptop directly. However, when using it with multiple monitors (such as when it is docked) I usually place it off to the side so I can focus on my two larger monitors. When doing this it can become difficult to have to stare directly into the laptop screen while trying to manually click or press enter on the "Click OK to Continue" dialogue box that appears after a successful Windows Hello facial ID scan. Is it possible to automate this process so that as soon as the Windows Hello scan succeeds, a manual click is not required and you are instead automatically taken to the revealed home page of 1Password?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• Hey @magicalcuban 🪄🇨🇺

The "Click OK to continue" bit you're seeing comes down to how Windows Hello is designed - requiring the confirmation click in order to proceed. Since this portion of the experience is controlled by Microsoft via Windows Hello, we won't be able to make any changes here, and we can't really recommend you automate this process through the means of a third-party tool either.

• Goldfinger
    Goldfinger
    Community Member

Its highly unlikely MS/Others will ever grant your request, becuase they require human presence confirmation.
    (most likely via the FIDO 2 spec),

Even if you have yubikey, (the latest and greatest), plugged in already, the presence check is required, by touching the button on the yubikey.

Improved security is **always **a trade-off against convenience.
    M

• Hi @Goldfinger, thanks for your additional feedback here. 😀

• magicalcuban
    magicalcuban
    Community Member

Sorry for taking a while to respond here, and thanks for the feedback @Blake and @Goldfinger. I didn't realize this request is too far astray from Microsoft's intended security best practices to code around when it comes to Windows Hello. Appreciate the quick, clear, and informative answers / references. Not something you typically see in a suggestion forum, so thanks for being engaged!

• Hi @magicalcuban, thanks for your kind words and you're most welcome! 😀

This discussion has been closed.