Wildcard Sites?

Options
2»

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eman I'll pass along your feedback to our developers. Thanks for sharing your experience!

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my +1 on this as well

• Hey @swrobel:

Thanks for sharing! I've added your feedback as well.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-57

• rubysue
    rubysue
    Community Member
    Options

+1 - we use Netlify deploy previews and it's arduous to always manually look up the credentials.

• forcewill
    forcewill
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to wildcard support

I also have the need for those, with preview deploys which we generate URLs in the format of random.staticpart.com

• z28power
    z28power
    Community Member
    Options

I want to bump this and add that I have similar use case at both the FQDN/subdomain level as eman mentioned, as well as logins I have stored by private IP address for logins internally within my corporate network like dig mentioned. Having to add dozens or even into triple digits in a singular login as additional URLs not the desired way I would like to do it, especially if we break out some of those devices/addresses with a different password at some point int he future and now have to go find/rip out that address from the long list of additional URLs in a sign-in item to add a new one. Please have a way to add a subnet or wildcard feature! :)

• corypisano
    corypisano
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

+1, prevents 1pass suggestions for vercel preview deployments (ours look like https://<repo>-<branch>-<org>.vercel.app)

wildcard subdomain seems like a needed feature to use 1pass with a lot of PaaS offerings (vercel, heroku, render.com, etc)

https://vercel.com/docs/concepts/deployments/preview-deployments

• cjkochis
    cjkochis
    Community Member
    Options

Also +1 to wildcard support.

This seems to be a fairly commonly requested feature when searching around for solutions, curious if there's any particular reason why this is not supported (security concerns? scoping / priority?)

This is a major pain-point for us, and open to any workarounds if possible.

• Kwok
    Kwok
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this too!

• corykeane
    corykeane
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for wildcard URL support.. But I see this has been requested since early 2017. I don't think they will ever add it.

• ljohnston
    ljohnston
    Community Member
    Options

+1 And I don't see this as an edge case.

• w00dp3ck3r
    w00dp3ck3r
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for wildcard URL support!

• whytspace
    whytspace
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here as well

We have a similar usecase to the one on netlify, using it for dev/preview domains.

• finnur
    finnur
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me and our whole team.

We use preview branches on Vercel alot and would benefit a whole lot from this feature.