1 password retaining email address from another person on PC

Options
LlamasArentCute
LlamasArentCute
Community Member

We are trying to set up a family account. My husband installed 1Password first on his devices. Then I installed 1Password on my PC and used his email address and password. We then realized that wasn't the way to set up family accounts. So I deleted 1Password from my PC and I rebooted. I then reinstalled 1Password, but somehow it is retaining the email address from the first install. It rejects my master password and when I hover over the family picture it shows my husband's email address. I don't see any option to input or select a different email address. I tried the uninstall/reboot/reinstall step again but that made no difference.

I was able to accept an invitation and create an account with my email address and master password on 1Password.com. I installed 1Password on my phone with my email address/password combo and that gives me access to passwords stored in the family account. But the PC is sticking with the old version and I'm not able to use the browser extension in Firefox on the PC because it requires me to login to the 1Password app on the PC. I have also tried uninstalling/rebooting/clearing cache/reinstalling the 1Password extension on Firefox, but that doesn't help because when I try to login it opens the 1Password PC app.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: Windows 11 Home
Browser:_ Firefox 102.0 (64 bit)
Referrer: forum-search:1 password retaining email address from old account

Comments

This discussion has been closed.