Desktop app seems to be no longer linked to browser extension: each of them requires to login

Options
David_FR06
David_FR06
Community Member

Hi team,
I just updated 1Pwd Desktop to version "80701002, on PRODUCTION channel", Windows.
And browser extension to Version 2.3.5

Before this update, both app and extension used to share the login (I logged only once on either of these 2, and the other was directly unlocked).
But since this last update, I have to log twice: once on app, and once on extension.
I did not find setting to couple them, like before.
Can yo please assist ?
Thanks.
David Loutrel.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Referrer: forum-search:app no longer linked to browser extension

Comments

• ptmc518
    ptmc518
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. When in Chrome I want to unlock my 1Password I need to click on it in the Extensions section and enter my password. If I want to use the Desktop app I'm required to sign in there too.

Extension Version: 2.3.8
    Desktop Version: 8.7.1
    OS Version: Windows 11 Build 2261.160

• Simbiat
    Simbiat
    Community Member
    Options

This looks to be a duplicate of this thread

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this. Please check for an update, 1Password 8.7.2 is out with the updated code-signing certificate that should fix the issue you're having.

Simbiat is correct that it is the same as the other thread, our certificate was unintentionally revoked in the last update, so that meant the browser integration was blocked due to the invalid certificate on 1Password file. The update will fix that with a new valid certificate, which will re-enable the integration support.

• raybark
    raybark
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that 8.7.2 fixes the issue on my Windows 11 machine - browser is connected to desktop app.

• MikeT
    Options

That's wonderful to hear, thanks for letting us know!

• David_FR06
    David_FR06
    Community Member
    Options

Works fine as described, thanks.

• That's great @David_FR06 - Thanks for the update!

• jacquessauve
    jacquessauve
    Community Member
    Options

Still having this issue.
    1Password Desktop = v8.7.3
    MS Edge plugin = v2.3.6

Have checked for more updates, rebooted, but I always have to put in my master password every time I open Edge.

Suggestions?

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @jacquessauve, I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to experience issues with app integration.

To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC and grab an extension console log:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Extension Console Log

Attach these to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to helping once we get those from you. Thanks!

Ali

• We've received your message, @jacquessauve and will be in touch soon.

ref: WTT-64364-486

This discussion has been closed.