Can I run multiple Kubernetes Operators under the same Secrets Automation workflow?

Options

Hi 1Password community,

I am laying out the infrastructure for our secrets management solution and would like to use multiple Kubernetes Operators and Connect servers.

Here is my approach in 1Password:
1. Create a Secrets Automation workflow called Development
2. Create a token called Kubernetes Operator A
3. Create a token called Kubernetes Operator B

Here is my infrastructure:
1. Kubernetes cluster A running the Helm chart 1Password Connect server and Operator using the Secrets Automation workflow "Development" 1password-credentials.json and token "Kubernetes Operator A"
2. Kubernetes cluster B running the Helm chart 1Password Connect server and Operator using the Secrets Automation workflow "Development" 1password-credentials.json and token "Kubernetes Operator B"

Here is my expectation:
I am able to run multiple Kubernetes Operators under a single Connect server.

Like my question suggests, is this infrastructure possible? I dont see anywhere in the documentation that mentions Connect servers have to be 1 to 1 with Kubernetes clusters running a Connect server.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Connect server with 2 kubernetes operator

Comments

• sureifyBlaise
    sureifyBlaise
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

FWIW, I have the same question.
    @Sadia.Azmal_1P ?

Use case: we have integration partners who do some development on our infrastructure, and the partners for the dev tools are different from the partners for the private label IT services.

• jysubmittable
    jysubmittable
    Community Member
    Options

Im going to ping a couple more folks on this question who I have read good answers in other forums. Thanks! @Joris_1P @eddy_1P

• eddy_1P
    Options

Hey @jysubmittable,

It is possible to run multiple Connect servers for the same Secrets Automation workflow. Therefore, you can have two Kubernetes clusters, deploy Connect (configured with the same 1password-credentials.json file) and the Kubernetes operator (with the desired token) in each one of them and everything should work just fine.

I've just tried this use case on my local machine (2 clusters in which the same Connect server is deployed) and it works as expected. 😊

• jysubmittable
    jysubmittable
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @eddy_1P,

Thanks for confirming! I am glad this is a supported configuration.

• eddy_1P
    Options

I'm glad that I could help 😊

This discussion has been closed.