Unexpected Behavior From Password History

Options

I ran into some unexpected behavior with password history. I was changing a password on an account. I needed the old password, so I opened password history and selected the second item in the list, and got a wrong password error. Eventually, I discovered that the date and time next to the password entry in the history is the date and time it was REPLACED. I expected the history to have the current password at the top, and then go backwards from there with the date and time being when that particular password was set.

To add to the confusion, the date and time of the most recent entry in the history list is the same as the date and time last modified in the regular view (see screenshot).

Two possible solutions:
1. Add a subtitle to the window under Password History; e.g., "Previously Saved Passwords"
2. Change the date and time line in the password history list to say, "Archived on DATE at TIME"

1Password Version: 8.8.0 80800164 nightly
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @rpallred, thank you for the detailed explanation here. I can certainly see your point.

I have passed on these details and filed an issue with our developers to look into this. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, and I'll keep an eye on it going forward! 🙌

ref: dev/core/core#16216

This discussion has been closed.