I installed a new browser extension and 1password app doesn't open most of the time.

PerryDro
PerryDro
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Browser extensions disappeared from both Safari and Firefox so I downloaded the new one in Safari. I didn't want to sign up for a $2.99 a month membership. I just want to use it like I'm used to.

Can I get this back to the way it was? Or am I stuck upgrading to a membership I don't want?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Safari and Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:new browser extension totally screwed up onepassword

Comments

• PerryDro
    PerryDro
    Community Member

It also mostly doesn't connect to 1password mini.

• @PerryDro

At a minimum I would talk with my colleagues in email support about any discounts that may be available to you. It costs nothing to talk. You mentioned Safari. The extension for Safari would not be downloadable. You can read more about it below. It sounds like you may have downloaded something else perhaps 1Password for Safari? 1Password 6 has also not been updated in some time now. I would recommend something that has. That would be 1Password 7 due the OS that you mentioned in your opening information (10.13.6). 1Password 8 requires a minimum of Catalina.

1Password 6 in Safari — 1Password Support Community

Please reach out to using support+tradein@1password.com and include details of your previous purchase to find out what options are available to you.

This discussion has been closed.