1 PW autofill problem with safari but not when opening and autofilling through 1PW

Options
PTR
PTR
Community Member

Hi, i just bought a new mac and transferred the data from my old mac.
I have 1 PW on both computers.
1 PW won't autofill when i open through safari a website that has been saved in 1 PW

If i open and autofill the same website on Safari, through 1 PW, it always works.

When I save that opened website that was opened through 1 PW In my reading list, and then click on the
same website through the reading list link, 1 PW won't fill all websites, but will fill a few.

thank you in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• PTR
    PTR
    Community Member
    Options

and when I open the safari website from 1 pw and autofill through 1 pw the website opens.
    When i log out of the website and log back in, 1 pw will autofill in that case.

when i use the safari or google extension to autofill a website, it will not autofill

ty!

• PTR
    PTR
    Community Member
    Options

I’m using the Latest version of safari
    On Mac studio

Any suggestions?
    Ty

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@PTR

What version of 1Password are you using? What version of the extension is enabled in Safari? Do you have multiple copies of 1Password enabled? It sounds as if you are using 1Password 8. Did you click allow 1Password access to all siteS in the Safari preferences?

• PTR
    PTR
    Community Member
    Options

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled the 1 pw extension for safari and installed the 1pw app just to make sure that
    it was the newest version.
    i did let it have access to all sites

when open a webpage on safari , it won't autofill. When i open the same website through the 1pw app, it opens and autofills

ty for your help!
    pat

• PTR
    PTR
    Community Member
    Options

i just noticed, that when i open some websites from my reading list, 1 PW will not autofill
    If I copy that website's address, open a new window in safari, the 1 pw will autofill

I have removed and added again, the sites on the reading list, but that didn't work for all sites.

pat

• @PTR

Let's get you over to our extensions team who can work with you closer to find an answer. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this discussion https://1password.community/discussion/131290/1-pw-autofill-problem-with-safari-but-not-when-opening-and-autofilling-through-1pw#latest along with your username PTR.

This discussion has been closed.