1 Password server error 200 at login

Options
Fresco
Fresco
Community Member

What does this mean?

I could not login at all. 1Password app and Chrome extension both didn't work. I was already afraid I had lost everything, which would have been an apocalyptic disaster. Only after reinstalling both the app and the extension I was able to get it working again. Still, I am wondering what went wrong. What if I would not get it to work again, when this issue happens another time? Is there away to backup 1Password, other than exporting my data? My faith in 1Password has been blown somehow.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800165)
Extension Version: 2.4.0
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome 103.0.5060.114

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Fresco! 👋

We were experiencing temporary connection issues this morning and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. Our systems are now stabilized and you can access 1Password.com. Your devices should be syncing all data.

You can check our status page for more information if you ever experience issues in the future - https://1password.statuspage.io

Is there away to backup 1Password, other than exporting my data?

The screenshot that you posted is from your browser. You should have still been able to unlock the main 1Password app if you have it installed on any of your devices. The 1Password app has an offline cache of your data which remains available even if the app isn't able to communicate with our servers.

I'm sorry again for the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

And now, all of the sudden, I can't open a webpage (Open and fill) out of the 1Password app on macOS. I see this message:

After restarting the Mac the error did not go away. What is this?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Fresco

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to use "Open & Fill" because you're receiving an error message. It looks like the error message says "Google chrome.app cannot be opened", can you tell me if you're able to open Chrome when you double-click on Google Chrome in your Applications folder?

If you can open Chrome from the Applications folder but not from inside the 1Password app then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

Your Dutch is very good (-: It does exactly mean "Google chrome.app cannot be opened".
    I can open Chrome from the Applications folder by double clicking.
    I will send the diagnostic report.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that "Open and fill" from the Chrome extension is working okay. Only the desktop app is showing this issue.

• @Fresco

Sounds good. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

Support id: [#AIQ-98873-411]

• Thanks Fresco

ref: AIQ-98873-411

This discussion has been closed.