Empty account list after 1st sync

yozzozo
yozzozo
Community Member
Is this bug reproducible?
Not sure; this happens on first-time sync

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?
iPad 2 Wifi; 6.0.1

A quick summary of the bug:
After entering my Dropbox account info and then syncing, the sync ended successfully but the accounts list was empty (it says "All of your accounts will be listed here" or something like that). This may be as designed, but a suggestion would be to reload the list, showing "all items". I was able to select All Items and the list correctly repopulated.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:
Install app, go through FUE and choose new user, enter Dropbox account info, allow it to finish syncing.

By the way :), do you guys have an internal bug tracking system such as JIRA? If so it might be cool to test through that as it's not clear if we need to search for duplicate bug reports before entering a new one. (Or do you guys take care of filtering duplicates). Just curious.

Comments

• Hi yozzozzo,

We handle everything internally, we'll listen, reproduce and file a bug report on your behalf, to make sure it goes into the right category.

Can you tell me if you were browsing around in the Categories view and entering Email or Bank Accounts while it was syncing or were you still in Category view when it was syncing? Just to be clear here because there's no Accounts category in 1Password 4, so I'm assuming you meant either Email or Bank accounts.

We do refresh the Categories view as it is syncing but I'm guessing your bug report is that inside a specific category including "All Items", it wasn't refresh as much as it should.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • yozzozo
    yozzozo
    Community Member
    Hi,

Yeah, when I said "accounts" I meant "items that were being synced (including all logins, software licenses, etc)". I'm glad you guys got rid of the "accounts" vs "Logins" in this new version because it was very confusing before.
    I was in the categories view, not sure whether I was inside a subcategory such as Logins when it finished. I think I didn't even change the view at all, and just let it finish syncing. When it finished syncing, the view was empty, and I had to go inside a subcategory to have it refresh. I definitely *wasn't* adding any new entries while it was syncing.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for clarifying. We'll see if we can improve this.
This discussion has been closed.