chrome autofill no longer working, nor extension

Options
dajhnsn
dajhnsn
Community Member

Autofill not working, just loops back to that url's signin, extension not loading. Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64), Mac OS version 12.4. 1password 7.9.5 Also not seeing update link.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: doesn't show version
OS Version: macos 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome autofill no longer working, nor extension

Comments

• @dajhnsn

It sounds like you may have been in the middle of an update. I know Chrome had me restart this morning. During an update, the communication between the browser extensions and the app is severed by macOS. The following steps will restart that connection.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser - completely.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
  • dajhnsn
    dajhnsn
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure about your "helper" no such icon/link on my macbook upper ribbon. but will follow your suggestion

• @dajhnsn

You may not have it shown. If it's not please try the following.

1. Open or bring 1Password to the front (main window visible) and press the following keys. Command + Option + Control + Q
      • No need to unlock.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
This discussion has been closed.