Bug report: App does not always remember the previously-selected vault collection.

Netpog
Netpog
Community Member

I've two collections of vaults . (And let me THANK YOU for this feature, because at any moment half my vaults would be annoying clutter.)
When I select one collection, and then close the 1Password app, I expect that same collection to be selected when I reopen the app.

This does not consistently happen. Annoyingly, I cannot reliably repro the problem, but it has happened intermittently across the last 2 or 3 weeks, at least.

I appreciate that you may not be able to do anything about this, if I can't come up with a reliable repro process. I'll work on that!

1Password Version: 8.8.0, 80800165, on BETA channel
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ N/A

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited July 2022

Hello @netpog, I'm glad to hear how useful you are finding the Collections feature. I'm sorry to hear of the intermittent issues you've experienced with 1Password 8 remembering the collection last selected. Thanks for your report.

This is an issue we've seen in the past but was resolved many months ago. After some testing with the latest Beta and Nightly builds, I've not been able to reproduce this behaviour. If this issue persists and you are able to provide steps to reproduce this, please let us know and we can look further into this.

Additionally, you've mentioned that you have 2 collections of vaults. Are these collections created from multiple vaults from the same account or do you use multiple accounts signed into 1Password 8? Thanks!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ag_mike_d !

This is an issue we've seen in the past but was resolved many months ago.

Yes, I remember that there was a big issue, and it should be resolved.

I'm using 1Password for Windows 8.8.0-165 beta build and I also have this issue, although it should be fixed. For me, it does not happen every time I close 1Password. Today when I opened 1Password the selected collection was lost, and I had to switch back to my preferred collection. It was the same some days ago.

Actually, I'm not able to provide steps to reproduce this behavior... 😕

• ag_mike_d
    edited July 2022

Good morning and thanks for the additional report here @DenalB! I've gone back and updated the original issue we filed with @netpog's and your report so the team can take a look.

ref: dev/core/core#12068

Can you please also let us know if you are using 1Password 8 with only one account signed in to the app? I've located a second, very similar issue where it was noted that this was affecting users with only one account. It looks like it was the same fix but I wanted be sure to provide as much detail to the team as possible. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#11004

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ag_mike_d !

Can you please also let us know if you are using 1Password 8 with only one account signed in to the app?

Yes! I'm using 1 account in the app with 2 collections.

• Thanks, @DenalB! I'll pass those details along!

This discussion has been closed.