Shortcut for unlock with Watch gone

Options
phoefler
phoefler
Community Member

Hi,

I am on 1PW 8 on macOS (Monterey) and I am despareteily missing the shortcut to unlock 1pw with my watch.
When I switch to 1pw and the vault is locked, I can either type in my password or click on the watch button.
But there is no shortcut anymore - at least I am not aware of it. It was cmd + alt + I but it's no longer working.

Is this gone and can we get back the shortcut?

Comments

• @phoefler

That was a shortcut in 1Password 7 to trigger Touch ID unlock which would also include Apple Watch unlocking. I am not aware of a keyboard shortcut in 1Password 8 that would accomplish this. You can press the return key with the cursor in the password box and have it trigger an unlock. Not the same of course, but perhaps it will help.

I would be happy to pass along your feedback to the team and let them know this shortcut was useful to you. I can't make any promises about it's return or not.

• phoefler
    phoefler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, @ag_tommy.
    This is exactly the shortcut, I was talking about.

Thanks for the workaround.
    When the cursor is in the password box, then it's working like a charm.

Sometimes the password box is not active, and then moving my hand to the mouse and click on the icon seems to be the only way ...
    Would you mind filing a feature request to bring this shortcut back, please? :-)

Thanks

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

100% I will make that request. 😊

ref: IDEA-I-1329

This discussion has been closed.