iOS Chrome app’ with extension

Options
Yoann
Yoann
Community Member

Hi,

I’m membership with annual plan.
I would like to know if is there an extension in Chrome as in Safari on ios?

I don’t found.

Regards.
Yoann

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Yoann !

As I know, there is actually an extension for Safari only on iOS. Other browsers are not supported yet.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@Yoann

DenalB is correct.

Thanks @DenalB, and for being correct. 😉

• Yoann
    Yoann
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Ok thank you all, I use mainly Safari on my Apple devices, it’s not a problem for me if it’s not the same thing in iOS Chrome.

For my curiosity why it’s not supported in iOS Chrome ?

Regards,
    Yoann

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Yoann

Chrome on iOS doesn't support web extensions, the technology that 1Password for Safari uses. If Chrome on iOS supports web extensions in the future then we would be happy to look into bringing 1Password in the browser to Chrome on iOS.

You can still use Password AutoFill to save and fill your logins in Chrome: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps. 😊

• Yoann
    Yoann
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P interesting thank you very much for your answer.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Yoann

It's my pleasure. 😊

• haploid182
    haploid182
    Community Member
    Options

I am following this thread because this is the only OPEN thread left I found related to discussion of unreliability of 1Password in iOS-Chrome. Works perfectly in iOS-Safari but Chrome browser has better collaboration features with other Microsoft and Android devices than Safari. If 1Password, Google and Apple can make 1Password work flawlessly on iOS-Chrome, then it would be perfect.

• @haploid182

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully Apple is able to improve Password AutoFill's state of play in third-party browsers like Chrome with future updates to iOS. AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS so we are unable to control which fields get detected and filled when you tap on an item since 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

Our 1Password for Safari web extension offers the best filling experience on iOS. If Chrome for iOS introduces support for web extensions in the future then we would certainly be happy to look into bringing the same experience to Chrome. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.