1Password desktop app crashes when I try to add a date to an item

roy_orbison
roy_orbison
Community Member

I click on the Edit button, then the add more select, and as soon as I click Date from the options, 1Password disappears. It has to be restarted manually.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Kubuntu 22.04
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:crash date

Comments

• Hi @roy_orbison, thanks for this report. I'm sorry you've encountered this issue! How odd.

We'd love to investigate this in detail for you. Thanks for including your OS and 1Password version here, that's a great start. Here's how we can take this the next step:

How to Send Us Diagnostics from Your Linux Device

1. Open the 1Password for Linux app on your device.
    2. Select the vertical ellipses button ⋮
    3. Select Settings > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.
    4. Select Reveal to see the directory where the diagnostic file was generated (typically, it goes to your desktop).

Then, attach that file to an email to us at support+linux@1Password.com. We'll go through the data and let you know what turns up.

When you send that email, please include your forum username and a link to this discussion as well, so we can make sure we've got all the information in one place and can handle your case efficiently.

Thank you - and I'll look forward to learning more about this! 👋

• roy_orbison
    roy_orbison
    Community Member

Can't, it's now crashing as soon as I unlock the app with the main password, even after turning off integration with the browser add-on. 🙁

• Hi @roy_orbison. In that case, I'll need to ask you to find and send the logs manually. The logs are in ~/.config/1password/logs/. Compress the log files in that folder and attach the compressed archive to an email to support+linux@1password.com quoting a link to this discussion and your username, and we'll be able to look into this with you. I look forward to hearing from you.

• roy_orbison
    roy_orbison
    Community Member

I can confirm that 80900001 from beta channel no longer crashes. Thanks everyone for fixing that.

• @roy_orbison Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.