Can I open a jpeg file from the vault (double-clicking, e.g.) without downloading it ?

Options
gmuz
gmuz
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

Hi, I'm a new user and have just added a jpeg file to my vault. It seems I need to download it to be able to open it. Is that the only option, can't I just double-click it ? If not, it would seem odd that I would put it in a secure environment to protect it, and then have to take it out to view it ! Thanks

1Password Version: Windows 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:open file from vault

Comments

• Cronos
    Cronos
    Community Member
    Options

As far as I understand, if you are on version 7 (assuming because you posted in the version 7 part of the forum) it allows for previews if the image is " JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP images that are 1MB or smaller in file size, and a resolution of 1920x1080 or less".

But your post shows you are on "Windows 8.7.3" which I believe does not currently have the function to preview files unfortunately.

• Hi @gmuz:

@Cronos is absolutely correct. As it currently stands, it isn't possible to preview items in 1Password 8 for Windows. It's definitely something we're collecting feedback on, and I'll add your voice to our internal discussion on this. Thanks for sharing!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9817

This discussion has been closed.