mac mini lagging, ball spinning

Options
hmwbkk
hmwbkk
Community Member

i do not know what is causing this? 1password, or Clean my mac X, or Nord vpn? i uninstalled clean my mac X seems to be working batter? however, 1password keeps asking me to sign in in the dashbar?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Referrer: forum-search:mac mini lagging, ball spinning

Comments

• @hmwbkk

We highly recommend excluding 1Password from cleaner type apps. They have been known in the past to become overzealous and remove user data. We would not want something like that to happen to you.

Off-hand are you using Safari and clearing the browser history? If so, this is a known behavior in how Safari has implemented clearing the browser history. Other browsers do not experience this as they are configured differently. We've had a few user of 3rd party apps experience it while removing unwanted cookies from Safari.

It might be best to get us a diagnostic and more details on what's happening.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics information

• hmwbkk
    hmwbkk
    Community Member
    Options

I don't use Safari.
    I am on my Android phone now responding.
    I have two Mac mini computers.
    The other is fine, this is having slow lagging in everything and 1password extension constantly wants me to sign in again and again.
    Their tech has me sending in activity monitor samples.
    I will try and do what you ask when I am back on the Mac mini. Or can this information be had on the android phone?

• This would need to be sent from the device. Ideally while it is experiencing the trouble.

• hmwbkk
    hmwbkk
    Community Member
    Options

I finally uninstalled the clean my mac x, and the lagging stopped.
    I never heard back from you about helping me figure out how to submit the diagnostic.
    My other mac mini is still working fine but I think I will uninstall that one, these people are in a war,
    and it is horrible. Their tech support could have been more honest and said they cannot help me
    they are being attacked.
    I also started using google chrome for passwords and hopefully I can get all the 1password's added in chrome eventually as a back up.
    So far everything seems to be ok. thanks

This discussion has been closed.