Early Access: Unable to edit item

zaxaz
zaxaz
Community Member

I am unable to edit a login item on the IOS Beta Version of 1Password.

Oddly enough, I was attempting to login to my 1password.community account to post another question when I realized the password I had stored was incorrect.

I initiated a password reset and went to 1password to generate a new password but it would not allow me to edit the entry on my iphone after finding the account.

When I press 'edit' on my 1Password.community entry, nothing happens.

Since this is beta, I want to share this issue in case others are experiencing it as well. I was able to perform the edit on my MacOs Beta version however.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800156)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.0

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Yes, experienced this as well (on iPhone).

Luckily I have v7 still installed, so I could use that to edit an item (add TOTP).

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022

@zaxaz

I am on iOS 15 and not seeing this behavior. I noticed you are on 16. I'm not sure if that is related.

@XIII

What OS are you using?

Note. Today (several hours ago) I needed to remove and install earlier versions troubleshooting an issue. It's possible I may not see this issue due to those reinstalls. After my reinstall (156) I can edit any items but again I may not be a great barometer. Out of curiosity have either of you restarted the device? I needed to do that during my non related testing.

• Hey folks we have received other reports of this. The team is looking into it.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I‘m also unable to edit items on my iPhone with iOS 15.5. However this seems to be related only to items which are found using the search tab. When directly opening the same item using the 2nd tab (don’t know if this has a name), editing does work

• zaxaz
    zaxaz
    Community Member

To answer the follow up questions. I am on IOS 16 ) I’m an apple developer) and yes. 8 did restart the device after noticing the behavior. Thanks to all who have responded. I see, from comments. Others are also seeing the same behavior!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

What OS are you using?

iOS 15.5 & iPadOS 15.5

• hdjjxidjenndiidb
    hdjjxidjenndiidb
    Community Member

Same experience here. iOS 15.5. iPhone 12 Pro Max When searching it doesn’t let me edit, but I can browse and edit items.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

Also for me, pinned fields no longer carry out the selected default action when short pressed. Instead it loads the menu that should require a long press..

• 6awfpa3i
    6awfpa3i
    Community Member

I'm on iOS 15.5 with 1Password v80800156 got the same issue. I sent a feedback via TF. Hope you find out a solution

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I sent in a bug report for this as well. I am unable to edit an item when accessing the item through search. Accessing the same item any other way (vault, recently used, etc) allows the item to be edited.

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member

Hello. Yes same problem.

• thirsytlizard
    thirsytlizard
    Community Member

just discovered that I had the same issue, hence I cannot use iPhone to add OTP field and scan

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Thanks for confirm @ag_tommy. The triggering condition, for issue reproducing, is to tap on the "edit" command on top-right when you open a vault's item, from the search results.
    Opening an item, scrolling in an item list of a vault, or category, will work correctly.

iOS 15.5 (19F77)
    1Password beta v8.8.0 (80800156).

At your service if Dev Team needs more info.

• jalmeida
    jalmeida
    Community Member

Yeah I'm having same issue on iOS 16 beta 2. Only broken when I try to edit from the search tab.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

Confirmed like wizard86pz and others. If I search for a login, the edit button does not work. If I scroll through my entire list to the same login, the edit button works.

iOS 15.5, 1Password beta 80800156

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Confirmed like wizard86pz and others. If I search for a login, the edit button does not work. If I scroll through my entire list to the same login, the edit button works.
    iOS 15.5, 1Password beta 80800156

Ups, I just wrote that I have the same issue here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/647857/#Comment_647857

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Fixed in v8.8.0 (80800183). Thanks.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

@wizard86pz Are you able to get any search results when searching for a login? 80800183 shows nothing for me when searching for any item.

https://1password.community/discussion/131384/no-search-after-updating-to-build-183#latest

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Yes, I am. But I suffered the same (one time on 3, the search bar does not produce any search results).

From my pov, the issue is fixed, but they introduced a new issue: the one discussed in that thread.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

Thanks @wizard86pz

Yep, looks like one gone and another one slipped in. Try changing to a collection and back. That worked for me and several others in that thread.

cc @sfiske

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Yep, this worked. Thanks @ag_tommy.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

But the workaround is valid until the next app killing: reopening the app after to have killed it from recent ones, the issue does happen again.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

Yes, seems you are correct. One of my colleagues report that behavior recently.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

And fixed in 8.8.0 (80800197).
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.