No search after updating to build 183

DenalB
DenalB
Community Member

Just updated to beta build 183, and now it is not possible to search for anything.

No matter what I'm searching for, there are no results. 🤔

1Password Version: 8.8.0-183
Extension Version: -
OS Version: iOS 15.5
Browser:_ -

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Same here

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

Same

• mikesplain
    mikesplain
    Community Member

Same here, also on iOS 16 beta 3.

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

Seeing the same issue.

• mikesplain
    mikesplain
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Although it’s working for me now!

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

Hey folks,

I too experienced this. Can you try changing to a collection and back again? That is what brought it back for me. Thank you all for the reports.

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy
    changing the collection did the trick and search is working again. Thank you

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes! @ag_tommy you are the best! Changing the collection and switching back did the job. Searching is possible now. 👍

• You're welcome, DenalB et al.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

This worked, but the workaround is valid until the next app killing: reopening the app after to have killed it from recent ones, the issue does happen again.

• Posting over here too for everyone's benefit. 😊 Yes, that seems to be the case. One of my colleagues recently reported that behavior.

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member

Sale problem

• robotpass
    robotpass
    Community Member

Same here. Search doesn’t work on either iPad or iPhone. It does work in the extensions.

• Hey folks,

Did you get a chance to try the workaround with using a collection? If so, that or using 1Password 7 are the only two known options I can provide. If anyone has found something else please let me know and I'll pass that along. Thanks.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/648107/#Comment_648107

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

I have been told you do not do QA on Nightly builds, but you do on betas.

How can this pass QA?

• QA is performed by humans and humans are not infallible. And the test suites we have for the various build channels vary. Nightly (no QA) < Beta (some QA) < Stable (full QA). Additionally we don't guarantee every issue flagged by QA will result in a build being held. In this case it doesn't appear QA caught this, but even if they had it might not have prevented the build from going out. Not every bug is a blocker (if it were nobody would ever ship any software).

I apologize for the trouble. A fix has been created and should be included in the next update.

Ben

• 7h31ll3g4l
    7h31ll3g4l
    Community Member

thanks /all

• ramblingpolak
    ramblingpolak
    Community Member

FWIW search does actually load after a very, very, very long time (>10m) on my iPhone 12 Pro. Once caches are cleared (e.g. by force quitting the app, or it gets offloaded) the symptom returns.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks ramblingpolak

• hvarun87
    hvarun87
    Community Member

Same here…

• hvarun87
    hvarun87
    Community Member

Also watchtower tab isn’t showing any data

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Same problem, switching collections 'Fixed' it. Note that I had an item showing incorrect data that was also fixed by switching vaults.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Collection worked for me too.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

And fixed in 8.8.0 (80800197).

Thanks!

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

Same problem for me on iPad and iPhone.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@GadgetComa please specify the version you are using to reproduce the issue.

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

Nevermind. I just got the new TestFlight build right after posting my message and the problem is gone.

• Sounds good GadgetComa. Thanks for letting us know the problem has been resolved. I'd hate to kick this one back to the dev team, but I would, if needed. 😉

• archernar
    archernar
    Community Member

On current TestFlight release and the problem still exists, blank search and watchtower. Switching collections fixes it - had to create some collections to do that as I didn’t have any.
    iOS 15 current release.

This discussion has been closed.