I can't login with my personal master password in iOS, even though it's set as "Always open to"

Options
rubysue
rubysue
Community Member

I have a work account and a personal account. I mostly want the personal account on my phone, so I have that set as the default to open to using the "Always open to".

However, when I need to supply my master password to log into 1P after not using for a while, only the master password for my work account is accepted.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wong password unlock ios

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@rubysue

The way 1Password 7 on iOS unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the 1Password password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the 1Password password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the 1Password password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the 1Password password of the second account that was added.

--

If you wish 1Password to unlock using the personal password you would remove all of the accounts. Add the personal account back and then the work account.

• Make sure you have any passwords and the Emergency Kits before starting. Also make sure all of your data appears in the respective memberships.
  • rubysue
    rubysue
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• You're most welcome. Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.