[1P8 Mac Beta] Autofill broken for Edge

When I use the CMD+\ shortcut with the 1Password 8 Beta on Mac, it shows this window rather than autofilling into Edge. Clicking on the Connect button doesn't do anything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @kop48. Apologies for the delayed response; we're a bit backlogged from the official release of 1Password 8 for Mac.

Is this still happening for you? I'm not able to reproduce this issue right now with my copy of 1Password 8 (80800107 nightly) and Edge (103.0.1255.0 canary).

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

@rob no worries, I gathered as much :)

It does not seem to be reproing, now the 1Password autofill window only shows if there's more than 1 item to autofill, otherwise it just goes ahead and does it!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

@rob actually, it's not quite fixed. If the app is locked and you try to autofill, it will unlock and then show an empty autofill window. You have to hit the autofill keyboard shortcut one more time.

• If the app is locked and you try to autofill, it will unlock and then show an empty autofill window. You have to hit the autofill keyboard shortcut one more time.

@kop48 I've been able to reproduce this but only when:

1. Touch ID is unavailable and I have to unlock with my password.
    2. Using the Command-\ shortcut to invoke Universal Autofill.

If I use Command-Shift-Space or unlock with Touch ID, it works as expected. Can you confirm that matches your experience? In the meantime I've passed on my findings to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#15483

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

That seems to roughly be right. I've seen it happen once in the last week, but am unsure what caused it then. It now mostly only shows up if the app is locked, or there are multiple items that match the website.

• rob
    rob
    edited June 2022

Ok. If you notice anything in the future that differs from my findings above, let me know and I'll update my report.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Oops, I forgot that I'd filed this! It's happening again! :)

• Thanks @kop48. I see the issue is open. (Un)fortunately your report is the only one attached to it, and it hasn't quite bubbled to the top of the list yet. Hopefully we can get some eyes on it. 👀

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

No worries

This discussion has been closed.