App UI is completely empty in version 8.8.0 for iPad

donnywdavis
donnywdavis
Community Member
edited July 2022 in iOS

After updating to version 8.8.0 the entire UI in the app is empty. However, the browser extension appears to still work and logs me into sites correctly.

In Slide Over the only tab that would work is the Items tab. The search tab showed the search bar but was not working. All other tabs were empty, except for the collection Switcher in the top left.

I saw a suggestion in another post about switching collections, to make things start working again. This resolved the issue that I was seeing, but I still wanted to post this as I was only having the issue on the iPad and I was only able to resolve it by opening the app in Slide Over. Just in case anyone else sees this on the iPad.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1Passerby
    1Passerby
    Community Member

I have the exact same issue on my iPad mini gen 5 with iOS 15.5. An empty screen is all I have and there’s nothing much I can do. No problem if 1P is summoned from within another app.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

I had the same problem. Only solution I found was deleting and reinstalling 1PW8. Now it works.
    Search in 1PW8 was awful from the beginning but now it‘s totally useful as it doesn‘t find anything.

• 1Passerby
    1Passerby
    Community Member

Thanks @viswiz, reinstalling the app helped but I have the same issue with the Search function, it doesn’t work at all. Also, am I wrong or the tabs view was here in the previous beta? Maybe I’m confusing with the iPhone version but they’d definitely be useful on iPad too.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

@viswiz @1Passerby Sorry that I didn't highlight that clearly in my post. To get everything working again, including the search, you have to briefly change collections. This was lighlighted in another post. The only way that you are able to do that on the iPad, when you see this initial empty screen, is to open the app in slide over mode, while another app is open.

• 1Passerby
    1Passerby
    Community Member

Well…I don’t use collections. If I try to create one (just to solve this issue) I am not allowed to since the “save collection” button is always greyed out, no matter how many vaults are selected. I guess I’ll wait for this to be addressed in the next release. Thank you.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

I don‘t use collections either. For it was sufficient to switch vaults/categories.

This discussion has been closed.