Testing v8: what I miss from v7

Hi folks,

Firstofall, thanks for the amazing product you are bringing to us. I am a big fan, from a long time :)

I am trying out the next version of 1Password (v8 on Mac), and I have gathered a list of features that I have been using on a daily basis, and that I do not find in v8.

Not sure whether I am using the best format to give my feedback, do not hesitate to tell me.

The screenshots are made on v7.9.3 (on Mac)

1. sorting the list of items by the date of last use
    sorting the list of items by the date of last use

2. sorting the list of items returned by search
    sorting the list of items returned by search

3. clicking on a button to open an item in a new window
    clicking on a button to open an item in a new window

4. editing an item opened in a new window
    editing an item opened in a new window

5. sorting the sections neither the elements of a section when editing an item
    sorting the sections neither the elements of a section when editing an item

Cheers,
Emmanuel

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.11

Comments

• Hi @ebreton,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I understand that you'd like to see the following features in 1Password 8:

1. Sort by Date Last Used.
    2. Sort the search results.
    3. Edit the item in a new window.
    4. Sort sections of an item.

I've filed feature requests for the above features in our internal tracker. While I cannot promise anything, our developers will take a look at the reports and decide if the features will be added to a future version of 1Password 8 for Mac.

In regard to opening an item in a new window, this is currently possible. Click on the vertical ellipsis (beside the edit button), and then select "Open Item in New Window". Here's a screenshot for your reference:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Alvin

• ebreton
    ebreton
    Community Member

Hi Alvin,

thanks for your reply. I confirm the 4 points you forwarded to the development tracker.

With regards to the last one, I had seen the menu, but it is one more click away than before ๐Ÿ˜‡

Cheers,
    Emmanuel

• @ebreton

With regards to the last one, I had seen the menu, but it is one more click away than before ๐Ÿ˜‡

True. It is also available via keyboard shortcut: โŒ˜O ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ben

• ebreton
    ebreton
    Community Member

I had not seen the shortcut. That's convenient :) Thanks @Ben

I have now used v8 for a couple of months.

• What I really miss on a daily basis is sorting on search results.
    • What I miss on a deployment basis is sorting/moving of the sections within an item

Cheers,
    Emmanuel

• Thanks for the input. Reordering fields is on the roadmap. I'm hoping we can find time to make further improvements to search but to be up front that isn't something we have planned at the moment.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.