SCIM bridge support for Google Workspace/Google IdP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Done @glenndeb

• glenndeb
    glenndeb
    Community Member
    Options

Where can I find the ticket? Will I get an email?

• Hi folks!

Graham here from the 1Password development team behind our Identity Provider integrations, with an update on Google Workspace and 1Password:

Over the past months we've been hard at work creating a solution that will allow you to provision, manage, and deprovision Users and Groups from Google Workspace into 1Password. The solution is currently being tested in a closed beta, with general availability being targeted for later this year.

As we get closer to general availability, we will have more information for you in blogs, support documents, and other sources. We will link those documents here as they become public. Once general availability is reached, this thread will be closed with links to documentation and next steps.

Let me know what questions you have.

Graham

• I hope that answers your question @glenndeb 😉

• dphollis
    dphollis
    Community Member
    Options

@graham_1P this is great to hear. We are currently a Lastpass customer and their Google Integration is somewhat limited, so we are looking for other options. Any update on how the beta is progressing?

• @dphollis The only answer I can really share is the beta is going quite well and it should be progressing out of beta in the near future. Sorry I can't be more specific than that!

• Folks, I am pleased to share that after a successful beta our integration with Google Workspace is now officially available!

Read more about it: https://blog.1password.com/1password-google-workspace/

It is currently available to all Business customers. Go to your Integrations page to get started.

Support documentation: https://support.1password.com/scim-google-workspace/

Manual thread notification:

@dphollis @glenndeb @osanoarlo @dbhagen @Cally @ApickensCast @timchambers @drolleman @coreytsd @andrewSpotlight @devmilroy @dwhitealtoneuro @pkevin @DaveBryg @bespot @oratner @GeorgS @Alex_Scoble @iserkolyst @tboelter

• osanoarlo
    osanoarlo
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to be able to pull MS Azure AD out as a middle-man on our SCIM... I'm curious though, why not make this a native Google Workspace app instead of this SCIM bridge?

• @osanoarlo Thanks for following up! We weighed all the options available to us to ship this feature as quickly as we could, and using our existing SCIM bridge was the best way to get the integration into your hands as quickly as possible.

If there's something that isn't working the way you expect it to, please let us know!

• osanoarlo
    osanoarlo
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like it's not behaving as reliably as the Azure version was. Seeing errors and our firsts batch of new hires didn't sync (even though they are in the correct group) - I had to uncheck, save, and re-check the group we wanted to sync in order to force a sync.

Two items:

1) Should be some sort of "sync" button where we can force a sync when it breaks.
    2) Hopefully it gets an update, seeing errors in the logs:

@{"level":"error","version":"2.6.0","build":"206001","application":"op-scim","component":"SubscriptionRenewal","error":"retry: max execution times reached (3): Server: (failed to Subscribe), failed to WatchForDirectoryUserEvent: Server: (failed to directoryAPI.Users.Watch), googleapi: Error 400: Invalid value at 'event' (type.googleapis.com/ccc.hosted.frontend.directory.v1.DirectoryUsersWatchRequest.EventType), \"sync\"\nDetails:\n[\n {\n \"@type\": \"type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest\",\n \"fieldViolations\": [\n {\n \"description\": \"Invalid value at 'event' (type.googleapis.com/ccc.hosted.frontend.directory.v1.DirectoryUsersWatchRequest.EventType), \\"sync\\"\",\n \"field\": \"event\"\n }\n ]\n }\n]\n, invalid","time":"2022-09-29T11:42:51Z","message":"failed to renew subscription"}

This discussion has been closed.