To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Document Sharing via Link?

PJ1
PJ1
Community Member

Hi. I wonder if you can help?

Thinking of purchasing an individual membership and like the introduction of being able to share passwords etc., via a link.

Just wanted to find out if it's possible to share a document contained in my vault this way?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @PJ1:

Glad to hear you're thinking of giving 1Password a try! As it currently stands, item sharing via a link is not available for Documents or File Attachments. With that in mind though, we're always looking at making improvements, so I'll add your feedback around sharing Documents.

Jack

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

Hopefully document sharing will come in the not-too-distant future!

Best
    Paul

• You're very welcome @PJ1! :smile:

• Guidome
    Guidome
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Such feature will be really appreciated, mostly for personal account where most often you share documents/files with legal or baking information rather that passwords for accounts or servers.
    In its current form, item sharing is not that useful for personal account I think...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @Guidom!

• tcultech
    tcultech
    Community Member

I just tried to share a 150k text file with a non-1password business associate and discovered it was not possible. This would really make 1Password the most complete solution. As it stands, I will have to use Droplr (not secure) or Virtru (secure but awkward and expensive and limited) or some other thing to share this.

Even if it were limited to smaller files (5 MB or smaller), or a small group of filetypes like text, png, jpg, plus word, excel, powerpoint, that would really make a huge dent in my use case.

Thanks!

• @tcultech

Thank you for the suggestion! I've added your comments to our internal work item for the feature request, hopefully this is something that we can add in a future version of 1Password. 😊

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-321

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Great news @Jack.p-1P!
    Using now and it works well.
    Any chance of Folders within the Documents folder?

• Hey @PJ1

Using now and it works well.
    Any chance of Folders within the Documents folder?

That is great to hear things are working well. No news on folders, but I would be glad to pass your feedback on to the team.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.