autofill not working

Options

1 PASSWORD FOR families. Mac both (m1 and intel I have 2) I use chrome extensively. 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800183, on BETA channel. Mac 14.4. using chrome. Cleaned cache. Many times nothing autofills and sometimes either password or user name fills but not both. Not sure how to fix. I need to copy and paste in order to use 1pw

1Password Version: 8.8.0 808000183
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 PASSWORD FOR families. Mac both (m1 and intel I have 2) I use chrome extensively. 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800183, on BETA channel

Comments

• Hi @midnek,

I'm sorry to hear 1Password is not autofilling for you.

Could you walk me through the steps you're taking to autofill when using 1Password? For example, are you clicking the login item displayed directly on the username field or are you using the Autofill keyboard shortcut?

Josh

• midnek
    midnek
    Community Member
    Options

login item. What is the mac shortcut for autofill?

• Hi @midnek,

Which website is 1Password in Chrome having trouble filling?

The Mac autofill keyboard shortcut is ⌘+.

Josh

• midnek
    midnek
    Community Member
    Options

its having trouble filling all of them! I have to access the browser extension, and cut and paste username and password. Also the mac autofill keyboard shortcut you gave me is for zooming the screen

• @midnek

Please try command + \ for filling. If you would like to give quick access a try you may find you like it more. It's my preferred method now. Get to know Quick Access

Back to the extension, has Chrome updated recently? Let's try the following steps. Typically you would not have to try the following but it sounds as if there are cobwebs in the mix.

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Slightly related

Command + = Zooming
    Command - = Decreasing
    Command 0 = return to typical size based on screen resolution. I like this one for a quick return when I need to.

• midnek
    midnek
    Community Member
    Options

Still doesn't work. got the user name but no password/. I used the command and \ as well and no dice

• Have you tried saving a new login? That may help. Save a login manually in your browser Is the site one that you can share with me where I can try on my end?

• midnek
    midnek
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

[-- removed by 1Password staff --]

• Jack.P_1P
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @midnek:

I'd like to remind you that the Support Community is a public forum, with your posts viewable by everyone, not just 1Password employees. Since it seems like we'll need to take a closer look at where you're running into trouble, please send us an email at support+x@1password.com. Include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/131477/autofill-not-working#latest and your username: midnek. You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678], post it here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your conversation with us. Thanks!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.