Cannot copy/paste field titles

When adding fields, 1P8 has eliminated the ability to copy and paste field titles. Please bring that back.

1Password Version: 8.8.x beta
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Hi @esquared! For the sake of tidy conversation, I have answered this request in a reply to your other post over here. Thanks for highlighting this for us!

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

This does indeed appear to be fixed in beta 80800197, as well as the ability to copy the version ID from the "about" window. Thanks.

• Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation, @esquared. It's always satisfying when we're able to improve the experience for you.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

Ok, now it seems broken again in version 80800215, and I can no longer copy anything out of a field title.

Note that I can paste, however.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

Any updates? I'm on the latest beta (80900001), and I still cannot copy field titles out of user-added fields (and some other places) via any of application-menu, context-menu or a shortcut.

• Hi @esquared:

To clarify, are you trying to copy when in edit mode or view mode? I was able to use ⌘+C, the menu bar for Edit > Copy, as well as the right click menu to copy from newly created fields' title on the latest beta of 1Password for Mac. Let me know.

Jack

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

In edit mode, on a brand new (or existing) item on the latest beta (80900001), I cannot copy the title of a field in an additional section. Attached is an image showing the copy menu item greyed out. I also cannot copy with Cmd+c.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited August 2022

Hi @esquared:

Thanks for those additional details. I did some testing with additional sections, and was able to replicate this for the title of password fields. I've filed an internal issue, so hopefully we can get it sorted out in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16160

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

That begs the question - what's different about "password" field types? Really, that goes back to the premise that something in the (strongly-typed OO?) implementation is leaking into the UI. In the ideal case, there would be no difference between the titles of any field type - or for that matter, the field values either. That's probably the root of the issue of changing the type of a field.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@Jack.P_1Por @PeterG_1P - this is still an issue I'm facing regularly, and yet another reason I continue to run 1Password7 side-by-side with 1Password8. Can you please ensure that this bug is addressed permanently? It seems that it works for a while and then reverts. On the latest beta (1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000020)), I can no longer cut/copy field titles, though I can paste.

• Hi @esquared, thanks for letting us know what you've experienced here (and apologies for the delayed reply as well).

We're tracking this issue and I'll make sure our developers have your report. And while I can't offer a specific timeline on this one, it does look like a bug so we'll certainly work to get it fixed permanently. Thanks again for raising it!

This discussion has been closed.