1Password 8 - Favorites on iOS

bigsid05
bigsid05
Community Member

I love the change in 1Password 8 on my iPhone to have “favorites” as a drop down vs previous builds sending you to a separate page. However it looks like the list of favorites is arbitrarily ordered and there is no way to reorder them?

Comments

• bigsid05
    bigsid05
    Community Member

Another Favorites issue- looks like archived items that were marked as favorites will still show up on the favorites list even after being archived. You have to restore them, remove from favorites and then re-archive to remove them.

• ruud3822
    ruud3822
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem as described above regarding archived items

• Redskutter
    Redskutter
    Community Member

I would like to add to this.

It seems favourites is randomly sorted. Every time I close the app and reopen it they are in a different order. It would be great to have them sorted alphabetically because that is how I'm wired after years of using this feature in previous versions.

You could consider adding an option to use a last used sort order similar to the recently/frequently categories, but I would like to see alphabetical as the default.

• ThatGeekyDad
    ThatGeekyDad
    Community Member

Agreed this "feature" has been annoying the last week or more. We should be able to sort each section however we want (recently created, modified, alphabetical, etc.) but seems this is being forced in some randomized order.

• Hi everyone! 👋

Favorites on the Home Screen should now be sorted by creation date, with most recently created at the top. At this point we don't have a way for users to select their preferred sort-order for Favorites (e.g. Alphabetical, Created Date, Last Used Date), but that's certainly something that could happen in a future update 😉

• Alanxb1x
    Alanxb1x
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Disappointing.
    I’m going back to 7 until this is fixed.

• thejerm
    thejerm
    Community Member

Hopefully, sort-order is figured out soon. Not sure how that passed any type of usability testing before release.

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member

@ag_andrew
    Favorites should be ordered in the way the user likes it. That's what Favorites are for. There is already a category Frequently Used and Recently Created. Just let the user decide how their own favourites are arranged.

• jeffbelden
    jeffbelden
    Community Member

Strongly Agree,
    Non-alphabetize favorites list is nearly worthless. Takes MUCH MORE visual searching. It’s faster to just use the “search” function typing a few characters, but that adds several steps. Nothing beats “one glance look” at an alphabetized list.

• Hey all, this is something that we've addressed and will arrive in an upcoming release. I'm not 100% sure which release yet because it will likely go through a beta cycle first, but rest assured, it's on the way.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming. We're listening 💜

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

With respect you should not have to be addressing this. It is untypically amateurish from 1P. 1P8 should never have been released with this obvious weakness. I'm a windows Beta user and the sort capability for Favorites is there so lets hope it gets to IOS soon.

• Thanks for the feedback folks. We appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. As Andrew mentioned, we hope to help with this in an upcoming build.

• jklosin
    jklosin
    Community Member

I have the same issue as other users on this page. I can see 'All Items' can be alphabetized on iOS but not the 'Favorites'

• Sandgirl
    Sandgirl
    Community Member

I had to go back to version 7 on IOS because the Favorites mess on version 8 was absolutely unusable.
    I could not find anything quickly in the jumbled mess that is the new Favorites.
    I hope this issue will be pushed to the top of fixes in the next update because it makes a formerly excellent app totally without utility.

• BAF
    BAF
    Community Member

Back to 7 until favorites can be alphabetized. Extremely disappointed!

• Hey all,

@Ben mentioned this in another thread but here's how Favorites on the Home Screen works in the latest Beta (coming soon to a release near you 😉)

Long-press on the Favorites header and select your sort order!

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

@ag_andrew Where is this 'sort order' you spoke of? I can't find it.

I'm BEYOND frustrated with 1Password working perfectly one day and the next day it is all messed up to the max!

Yesterday, my sort order was alphabetical. Today it's apparently by date created, which...why?...who cares? I can't find crap! For example, I have my bills in one tag, so I start at the top every payday and go down the list until they are all checked and paid, EXCEPT I have certain bills that I check every few days and they are preceded by the letter 'A', so they are always at the top, easy to find and no searching required. Now they are shot-gunned throughout my favorites list.

Again, I'm BEYOND frustrated and just wonder why 1Password can't back-check to make sure everything continues to work before pushing out a new version.

• Hi @debstr,

If you press and hold the header of the Favorites section of the Home tab, you should see the menu of sort preferences.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you so we can dig deeper to see what might be happening.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

@ag_andrew Where is this 'sort order' you spoke of? I can't find it.

I'm BEYOND frustrated with 1Password working perfectly one day and the next day it is all messed up to the max!

Yesterday, my sort order was alphabetical. Today it's apparently by date created, which...why?...who cares? I can't find crap! For example, I have my bills in one tag, so I start at the top every payday and go down the list until they are all checked and paid, EXCEPT I have certain bills that I check every few days and they are preceded by the letter 'A', so they are always at the top, easy to find and no searching required. Now they are shot-gunned throughout my favorites list.

Again, I'm BEYOND frustrated and just wonder why 1Password can't back-check to make sure everything continues to work before pushing out a new version.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

I finally found it. It could certainly be made more obvious, yes? And why it suddenly changed itself is strange, but it 1Password seems to take on a life of its own whenever any computer or 1Password update occurs or, often, seemingly randomly. I love 1Password when it works, which is why I will never change from it. But these glitches drive me mad.

I do love 1Password's support and forum. So thanks!

This discussion has been closed.