Request to add cancel button to Share Window (or fix missing?)

Options
Damnatus
Damnatus
Community Member

Hi,

looking for where the sharing history of an item is visible in individual accounts (as highlighted in the Beta Release Notes), I opened up the share window ("Get a link to share this item") and after seeing it is not there, I noticed that closing that overlay window is not quite easy, because there is no cancel button and clicking into the 1Password app behind also doesn't close it. Only "Get Link to Share". To get out of the Share window, I needed to closing the app via the X button in the top. Not sure if there was one before or if I just didn't look for one. But now I think there should be definitely be one.

1Password Version: 80800183
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@Damnatus

Click the account name and vault in the header to view the sharing details.

The share "cancel" button is present on the Family account. Confirmed here. I'm going to file a report to get this in front of the development teams eyes.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@Damnatus

My apologies for the double post. I moved over to another Mac. I am on the nightly here. The buttons shows for my individual account. It sounds silly but could you try quitting 1Password completely and checking once more?

edit:

You should also be able to press the escape key to exit the prompt if you do not see the cancel button. Please let me know what you find.

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks, found the share history! It's a bit hidden to be honest. Never used that menu in the header before. It makes sense in context of what is shown and grouped as info, but until now it has not been relevant (for me).

I'm also using a family account.
    ESC works, but the Cancel Button is not present, even after restart.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

I've got that missing cancel button. As in I can reproduce it. Thanks for bringing it up.

edit:

The team is aware. Fix incoming. 😊

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    Options

Glad you were able to reproduce the bug and yay for the incoming fix! Thanks for letting me know and keep me in the loop ☺️

• You're most welcome. Go team beta! 🎉

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanna confirm that the fix works :)
    Go Team Beta!

This discussion has been closed.