Missing Command-C in 1PW app v8

Options
sknaffla
sknaffla
Community Member

When I want to change a password I usually put the entry in edit mode, I copy the old PW, make the changes, then Copy the new PW, and paste into wherever I am changing the PW.

I ran into issue where I locked myself out of several accounts, because I would highlight the password I changes and Command-C from my keyboard, not knowing this doesn't work in the new client. This worked in the old v6.X client, because that method worked for me forever.

Can you please add the keyboard shortcut back in when I edit an entry in the 1PW desktop client.
I use long and complex passwords, and I make changes to portions of the PW to allow for frequent rotation. So this avoids lots of typing that could be mid-typed.

Right clicking, and does let me select copy from the drop down. But when I am changing the PW in 1PW, I have gotten in the habit of Command-A, Command-C to get the new PW.

~Scott

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• levymetal
    levymetal
    Community Member
    Options

This appears to be fixed in the latest beta. If you switch to the Beta release channel (Preferences > Advanced > Release channel) you can get this fix immediately.

• Thanks @levymetal

@sknaffla

If you're interested in using the beta, you're always welcome to join us and if that's not an option for you, please know we'll keep working on getting this fix into the next production release.

• xmaslance
    xmaslance
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I found this thread, I was losing my mind not being able to Cmd+C any 1P fields. Please release a fix ASAP.

• Hopefully, we can do just that. 👍

This discussion has been closed.