Quick Access panel and default smart action

Options
Maximillian Yang
Maximillian Yang
Community Member

Is there a way to default the smart action to Open and Fill? The default smart actions seem kind of wonky. It seems to be either open in the browser or autofill. The autofill ends up trying to autofill into current website regardless of whether the website is appropriate for the item or not.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hey @Maximillian Yang:

Open in browser should be the default action when opening Quick Access (⌘+Shift+Space) unless you're on a website that matches the currently selected item. Are you seeing Autofill displayed on a item for Website A when you're on Website B? Let me know, and I can take a closer look.

Jack

• Maximillian Yang
    Maximillian Yang
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Yes, the behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes when Safari in on another website or even no website (safari Home Screen) it will show autofill instead of Open in Browser! Screen shot below clearly show I am not on the target website when I am presented the Autofill option.

• Hi @Maximillian Yang:

Thanks for your screenshot. We can definitely take a closer look in that case. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Maximillian Yang
    Maximillian Yang
    Community Member
    Options

[#VMV-56968-369]

• Hi @Maximillian Yang

Thanks for sending in your diagnostics! It looks like one of my colleagues has recently replied to you. To avoid any confusion, continuing the conversation there would be best.

Thanks!

ref: VMV-56968-369

This discussion has been closed.