Safari extension spontaneously disappeared

So really odd today - using 1P8, Safari was open and running. Went to have a drink, came back, and the extension was gone. Missing from the tool bar, missing from the prefs->extensions. Tried removing and reinstalling from the mac app store, didn't fix it. Found the 'fix missing extension' link in the help menu, which makes me suspect this is a very common issue with 1P8. Anyone else run into this, and if it's that easy to fix, why is it that fragile to begin with?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @lhotka:

Great question. We're still investigating specifically why it occurs, and we've let our friends at Apple know as well. In the meantime, the Fix Missing Safari Extension menu option is the best bet.

Jack

• lhotka
    lhotka
    Community Member

Thanks @Jack.P_1P appreciate the quick response (and having it in the menu!). It's really strange for sure - I could understand after a restart, but while running? Bizarre.

• @Ihotka

Agreed! I can't say I have seen it happen while running. Hopefully, our Apple friends (and our developers) can put this one behind us. Sorry for that trouble.

This discussion has been closed.