2FA access

I wanted to change my Ring's 2FA from text to authorization app (1Password), but I rang into a little snag. As I was going through the process, when I got to the scan, I got an alert asking for access authorization I believe for accessing my iMac (18,3)'s camera, but I clicked too fast. It took me to Privacy & Security, but I wasn't asked to authorize anything any further. And unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot. I tried again, but I never saw the "scanner" overly to scan the QR code. I was able to change over by using my iPhone and scanned the QR code via the iOS 1Password 8.8.0 (80800183) app. This worked and the new 2FA authorization appeared in the macOS 1Password 8 app.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800197)
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 13 Public Beta 22A5295i
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @r8ders2k

There is not an overly visible like within 1Password 7. 1Password 8 will look for an QR codes on the screen. I believe you'll likely find 1Password needing approval in the screen recording section. Please make sure to quit and open the app to enable the preferences change you made. I am happy to hear you found a solution.

If a QR code is not detected you'll see this message at the bottom of the main window.

--

With you using 1Password 8 you can also use 1Password in the browser to scan codes.

Hopefully, the information above will get you sorted and or give you another option in the future. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

One quick related question to scanning codes. Will 1PW check all attached displays for codes?

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thanks! Approval for Camera was done, but I found that Screen Recording was not, so I enabled that. I like the idea to scan codes from the browsers.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@rctneil

In my setup it does. I have seen a report (in passing) where it did not. Is 1Password's code scanning not working on all screens for you?

• I have to say I am fond of the browser option myself. 😊

This discussion has been closed.