To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating standalone 1Password 6 vault to 1Password 8

blueforblack
blueforblack
Community Member

Hi All,

I have an old Mac with a standalone vault created under 1Password 6. I recently purchased a membership, and would like to migrate this data to my account. I upgraded from v6 to v8 on the old Mac, and I'm not seeing any of the options for migration shown on this page:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

At the bottom it specifies to upgrade to v8 after migration under v7, but unfortunately I didn't see this until after I'd upgraded. Wondering if I need to uninstall v8 > install v7 > complete migration > reinstall v8, or if there's a simpler option.

I'll be happy to provide any additional information requested, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sam

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• blueforblack
    blueforblack
    Community Member

Missed the bit at the bottom there, but I'm running 1Password for Mac 8.7.3 on Mac Big Sur 11.6.7 in Chrome v103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

• Hi @blueforblack:

Thanks for being with us for so long! To make sure you're able to migrate everything as expected, getting in touch with us via email directly at support+tradein@1password.com would be your best bet. Include a link to this thread, and your username: blueforblack. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email to us. Thanks!

Jack

• blueforblack
    blueforblack
    Community Member

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P . Here ya go: #ITN-22432-195

• blueforblack
    blueforblack
    Community Member

Actually FYI, looks like someone named Jason replied before I saw the reply from BitBot.

• Sounds good @bluestack

Please continue the discussion via email now that we have a direct line of communication going.

ref: ITN-22432-195

This discussion has been closed.