Touch ID and Apple Watch dont work

Options
sergedube
sergedube
Community Member

Recently I drop my Mac to be repaired and since then (even after installing v8.7.3) - I cant used Touch ID and Apple Watch to open 1Password after I enter my password. I have uninstall 1Password from my computer (following the step in this link - https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/) and reboot... with no success. I have done it 2x to make sure with the same results. The watch and touch ID asked to open 1P but it doesnt do anything - I get the following message below where I should enter my password - "That didn't work. Check your password and try again. Apple Watch and Touch ID works for everything else on my computer

Not very useful to have to re-enter my password few time per day.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome and Safari

Comments

• @sergedube

Can you try the following and see if it helps? Is this occurring with an Intel or M1 device?

Prep:

Restart the device to make sure we are on a good footing.

Device:

1. In System Preferences > Touch ID -- remove all fingerprints and disable the option to use Touch ID. * All of the checkboxes should be disabled.
    2. System Preferences > Security and Privacy -- deactivate Apple watch unlock
    3. Restart once again
    4. In System Preferences > Touch ID -- re-add fingerprints and enable Touch ID unlock.
    5. System Preferences > Security and Privacy -- re-activate Apple watch unlock

1Password:

1. Check for and enable the options for Touch ID and Apple watch.

-

if that fails to provide relief, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: sergedube
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/131540/touch-id-and-apple-watch-dont-work#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sergedube
    sergedube
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy!

My Mac is 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. I tried the above without success. The "Send Diagnostics" under is version 8.7.3 was under Advanced.

For your reference, this is your support ID:
    [#RDN-51343-194]

Thanks for your help on this.

• @sergedube

You are correct. My apologies. I grabbed the steps for the iOS 1Password 8 beta. Thanks for sending that report.

ref: RDN-51343-194

This discussion has been closed.