Windows CLI2 crashes 30%+ of the time - go error?

jareda
jareda
Community Member

Makes using this really frustrating.
Using Latest CLI2 2.5.1

I found this Go threat that may be related to the issue here:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/43720

runtime.preemptM: duplicatehandle failed; errno=6
fatal error: runtime.preemptM: duplicatehandle failed

Here's a pastebin with the full error:
https://pastebin.com/ES4tgyE2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jareda ,
    Thank you for reaching out to us!
    This is a known issue, that we're currently tracking internally. We have not yet pinpointed any specific cause. Thank you for bringing up that GitHub issue, it will serve nicely as a starting lead!
    We'll make sure to let you know when we have any more information/developments related to this situation. Let us know if we can help you with anything else, in the meantime.

Best,
    Horia

• Additionally, would you be able to disclose the scale of vault and items you have access to on your 1Password account?
    We have noticed a similarities between the reported cases that they have over a few hundred items in a single vault - just wanted to see if that applied to you as well.

Best,
    Horia

• jareda
    jareda
    Community Member

Yeah I have about 600 items in the vault. Just various logins etc. from websites over the years. I wouldn't have thought that was an unusual number or by any means a large size at all?

• Hey @jareda, thank you for confirming!
    We are currently trying to assess the different factors that may contribute to the error that you have got.
    The scale of number of items in a vault (i.e. in the hundreds) and the triggering command (i.e. op run) are so far the similarities that we encountered between the use-cases that triggered this error.
    As far as I know, 1Password does not recommend any practices related to vault size, and does not impose a limit on the maximum number of items within a vault. So definitely I wouldn't call this large or an unusual number :)
    We'll get back at you as soon as we have any developments related to this problem. Let us know if we can help with anything else, in the meantime!

Best,
    Horia

• Hi,

Just wanted to drop by to let you know that we have just released v2.11.0 of 1Password CLI, which should address this issue. See Update to the latest version of 1Password CLI for instructions on how to update.

Let us know if you are still having issues with v2.11.0 or later.

This discussion has been closed.