Merging/migrating/deleting solo trial account into paid family account.

gpowsang
gpowsang
Community Member

Hello! I have a few days left on my solo trial account and paid for a family account today.

Some questions:

1. When i go to the dropdown on the app, i see a solo profile with my name, and a second one called "Our Family". Is my trial account automatically enrolled in the family one? If not, how do i go about migrating the passwords? With the same csv i imported into the trial one?

2. In the "Our Family" one, if the "Private" vault the one i use for my individual purposes? Or do i need to invite myself?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Vivaldi

Comments

• Hey @gpowsang:

Great questions! Those two accounts would be completely separate. If you'd like to copy your passwords from your individual account directly into your new Private vault, you can choose the dropdown, select All Accounts, and then select all the items in your Personal vault, and drag them to your Private vault. Move and copy items

Your Private vault in your new family account is the vault just for you. You'll have a Private vault only accessible to you, and any family members you invite will have their own Private vault only accessible to them. Additionally, you'll have the default Shared vault that everyone will have access to.

Let us know if you have any other questions getting started with 1Password! 😀

Jack

• gpowsang
    gpowsang
    Community Member

Most excellent, thank you! I was able to add the passwords to my private vault under the "Our Family Account".

Since the trial on the solo account i migrated from is over, how can i go about correctly and safely deleting that account as they are on the same email?

• Hi @gpowsang,

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• gpowsang
    gpowsang
    Community Member

Hi @ag_josephine :)

The number is [#IJY-63935-375]

• yopt916
    yopt916
    Community Member

I have been using this app for myself as an individual account for a few years now. However, I'm considering adding my wife and setting up a FAMILY account. My question is if I upgrade, can I setup permissions on my current vaults and passwords and kind of get things situated before inviting my wife into the account? I am going to want to setup a separate vault for her that she'll only have access to, and 1 shared vault that we both have access to, and then keep the vaults I have setup today which only I can access... but I want to be able to situate permissions after upgrading, but also before inviting her in. Is that possible?

• joshua_1p
    edited September 2022

Hey @yopt916

I have been using this app for myself as an individual account for a few years now. However, I'm considering adding my wife and setting up a FAMILY account. My question is if I upgrade, can I setup permissions on my current vaults and passwords and kind of get things situated before inviting my wife into the account? I am going to want to setup a separate vault for her that she'll only have access to, and 1 shared vault that we both have access to, and then keep the vaults I have setup today which only I can access... but I want to be able to situate permissions after upgrading, but also before inviting her in. Is that possible?

If you have a 1Password individual account, you can convert it to a family account and make any changes you wish before inviting your wife. Each member invited to a 1Password family account will have their own Private vault that only they can access, in addition to a Shared vault that all members attached to the family account can access. You can set up additional vaults with their permissions as you see fit.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• yopt916
    yopt916
    Community Member

Sounds good! Thank you!

• @yopt916

On behalf of Joshua, you're very welcome. 😊

This discussion has been closed.